BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 8 April 2011

Apologetic Ramblings of a Disconnect Mind-Part 1


I watch as time slip away from between my fingers and cascade to the floor below. I hold what is left of the hourglass, cutting my palms into shreds on the shards, while I try to grab the grains of time back. The radio in the corner gives out bursts of static and fragments of a Chopin waltz, while the old antenaed television in front airs an old black and white Nineties version of Dracula fliting through the streets of London in the guise of a big black bat just like the time flits now from the floor into a flock of flamingoes out the open window into the hot, busy bustle of nothingness.


The door swings open and a man stands full in it, hardly fitting in. He grunts as he forces his way past the doorframe and squeezes into an armchair across the table from me, blocking out the tele with his humongous frame. He nearly overturns the table while doing that and upsets a little of the black, bitter, lukewarm tea in front of me. I stare disconsertedly at the cup of indifferent tea: I hadn't noticed that.


At the same time, a woman climbs in from the window silently, not even noticed until she sits on a whoopee cushion in a dark corner. She smiles gently and removes the whoopee cushion before sitting down again. The three of us make a freak show, I am sure. I, in a three-piece suit and tie, attempting to watch Dracula through the man...

0 comments: