BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 8 April 2011

The Last Lines


Sorry for the long, updateless, drought. We didn't have the time to post. Deepest apologies.
This piece is deeply inspired by "Tonight I Can Write" by Pablo Neruda.
For this, I won't rhyme:


To find the time, the time to write,
The feelings, feelings kept inside.
To say that the stars shook at every sight,
To say the moon wept at every cry.
Under the sky, here lies you and I,
The moments we spent together,
I loved you and perhaps you did,
But I push to think that you did try.
Who could ever resist such a face?
That innocent look written over those eyes,
You loved me and perhaps I did,
And I always did take the time to try.
I looked forward everyday,
To the time to spend for you and I,
But I sit here now in silence,
Waiting for dusk to dawn and daybreak to set.
Under the concrete top, around walls of glass,
I held your hand, your hand held mine,
Kissed you I did, and you to me,
But now it's all gone, along with the memories.
Lost you I did and perhaps you to me,
Another person will have you just as I did,
To do the things we did together,
Loved you as I did, or maybe better.
Let these lines be the last in line,
Let it go and come sober thoughts,
Let these lines be the last I ever write,
The last lines I write for you.

0 comments: